What to Bring When Buying a Car?
If you’ve already settled on buying instead of leasing, then you’ll want to explore our checklist for what you need to buy a car! Whether you’re interested in buying a new or used vehicle, there are certain things you’ll need to bring with you to ensure the transaction goes smoothly. From the necessary papers for buying a car to personal identification, learn more about what to bring when buying a car below.
Must-Have Items for Purchasing a Car
Whether you’re purchasing a vehicle in Calhoun or Cartersville, there are must-have items you’ll need to bring with you for a smoother and quicker transaction. While all dealerships are different, having these staple items on hand will be a necessity no matter where you go.
- Trade-in Title: If you’re going to trade in another vehicle to purchase a new vehicle, you’ll need to have the title to the vehicle you’re trading in. If you’re trading in a vehicle that still has a loan out on it, you’ll need to provide loan information.
- Driver’s License: Your dealership will need to prove your identity and also run a credit check on you. In order to do this, a driver’s license will be required. Having this on hand will create a smoother transaction for you during this process.
- Vehicle Registration: Along with a vehicle title, having your vehicle registration on hand for any trade in vehicles will also help speed up the process. This will prove to the dealership that you are the actual owner of the vehicle and have the right to trade it in.
- Proof of Insurance: If you’re purchasing a new or used vehicle, you may be required to show proof of insurance. Having your car insurance card on you will suffice, but the dealership may also need to call and speak to a representative from the insurance agency too. Just as a backup, it’s a good idea to have your insurance agent’s contact info too.
- Manufacturer Rebate Info: If you are taking advantage of a manufacturer rebate, be sure to have the info with you. While the dealership will likely already know about it, it’s always a good idea to have a copy of the info just in case.
Find Your New Car at Riverside Toyota
No matter if you’re looking for a new or used car, Riverside Toyota has a great selection of vehicles to choose from. Contact us today to schedule your test drive and take advantage of our financing offers and bring a new car home to Cedartown. If you need clarification on any of the items that you should bring in, whether trading-in or buying, don’t hesitate to reach out!