Toyota Safety Sense vs. Honda Sensing
Calhoun drivers want to keep their passengers safe. So which suite of advanced safety systems proves ensures everyone in your vehicle is protected: Toyota Safety Sense or Honda Sensing? See how the two packages compare!
Toyota Safety Sense comes with an array of active safety features, including:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: A camera and radar work together to reduce the likelihood of colliding with a preceding car or pedestrian. There is also a Bicyclist Detection feature available.
- Lane Departure Alert: A windshield camera monitors your driving and alerts you when it notices that you’ve strayed from your lane. This system is also available with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection.
- Automatic High Beams: A windshield camera detects headlights coming toward you and taillights ahead of you, and goes back and forth between high and low beams accordingly.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: This system automatically adjusts your speed and maintains a preset distance from the car ahead of you while in cruise control mode. It comes available with Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Road Sign Assist: From speed limit signs to do not enter signs, this system notifies you of road signs ahead of you so that you can take the appropriate action.
- Lane Tracing Assist: When you’ve opted for Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, this system uses the lines on the road and the vehicles ahead of you to keep your car in the center of the lane.
The Honda Sensing suite offers fewer systems than Toyota Safety Sense:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: When a collision is deemed unavoidable, this system engages the brake to reduce impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: If you happen to cross lanes without engaging your turn signal, this system adjusts your steering and brakes.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This system maintains a set distance between you and the car ahead of you.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: This program adjusts your steering to keep you in the center of your lane.
- Traffic Sign Recognition: This system alerts you to posted speed limits.
Safety Technology – Which Comes Out Ahead?
Between Toyota Safety Sense and Honda Sensing, it’s clear that Toyota’s suite of safety features comes out ahead. Not only are there more systems installed, but it comes standard with ones that cost more to have on Honda models, such as Automatic High Beams and Lane Departure Alert.
Access Toyota Safety Sense at Riverside Toyota
Take advantage of the new vehicle specials offered at Riverside Toyota to access Toyota Safety Sense on a brand-new Toyota RAV4 or Toyota Camry. Get in touch with the dealership today! We’re happy to serve the Cartersville community!